Remote opportunities are on the rise! We’re here to help you prepare and settle in to your new home office. Working from home gives you flexibility, but it also requires self-discipline, time management, and great communication with your employer.
We recommend these articles if you’re considering a remote position:
- ZDNet: Effective Strategies and Tools for Remote Work During Coronavirus
- LinkedIn Learning: The Value of Working Remotely
- LinkedIn Learning: Time Management: Working from Home
- Workplaceless: The Remote Work Competency Model
Virtual Career Fairs and Interviews
Career fairs are a great way to introduce yourself to employers. As an alumni, you can attend Pitt’s Fall and Spring Virtual Career Fairs. Check out upcoming Virtual Career Fairs here.
Employers are likely to screen and interview candidates virtually. Here are a few resources to prepare for a virtual interview:
- LinkedIn Learning: What are Virtual Interviews
- Vault: 4 Strategies on Nailing the Video Interview
- CareerBuilder: Job Interviewing Tips in the Age of Social Distancing
For customized interview practice, we recommend Big Interview. Big Interview gives you hands-on practice with mock interviews tailored to your specific industry, job and experience level.